Our Default Servicing team provides "cradle to grave” pragmatic and cost-effective legal services, consistently meeting or exceeding milestone deadlines, including:
- Commercial UCC, Forward, Home Equity, Reverse Mortgages, Judicial and Non-Judicial Foreclosures
- Equipment, manufactured homes and vehicles
- Guarantor and Deficiency Suits
- Litigated and Contested Matters
- Loss Mitigation and Loan Workouts
- Probate/Creditor Rights
- Regulatory Compliance
- Title Curative
Unlike most default service firms, HWA is a full-service law firm with interrelated practice groups, including litigation, class action defense and regulatory compliance. This wealth of resources allows leveraging of experience among the various practice groups to provide cost effective, comprehensive advice and representation for our clients.
Attorneys in this practice group are Board Certified in consumer and business bankruptcy law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Having navigated through the “mortgage crisis” of 2008 and the morass of legislation, data security and regulatory oversight that followed, HWA is uniquely positioned to provide legal services that meet the most stringent technological and data security standards.
The firm’s hosted server environment is located in an SSAE, PCI and HIPPA compliant facility that features 24/7 on site security, multiple levels of access through biometrics and access cards, and guarantees a 100% uptime with power backup. Having experienced several hurricanes and tropical storms during our 40+ year history, our disaster recovery is fine-tuned and tested. HWA was one of the very few downtown law firms that was operational within 24 hours of Hurricane Harvey in 2017.
The Default Servicing team utilizes an internally developed automated case management system that is not dependent on third party vendors, allowing quick accommodation changes and new reporting requirements.
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS AND TRAINING
Members of HWA’s Default Services legal team are recognized experts on legal issues related to default servicing.
Our attorneys regularly attend local and national industry conferences, speak on subject matter expert panels and author articles on the complex issues facing the mortgage servicing and financial services industries.
We provide customized, interactive onsite training upon request and regular legislative updates by newsletter.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Legal and Financial Newark (ALFN) (TX)
- Attorney Financial Services Group (TX)
- Default Attorney Group (TX)
- Houston Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section
- Texas Mortgage Bankers Association