Aaron primarily practices in the areas of commercial real estate and finance, with a focus on real estate investors and developers and small to mid-sized businesses. He routinely represents businesses, lenders, buyers, sellers and other parties in the acquisition, ownership, leasing, financing, use, transfer and disposition of commercial real estate (including retail shopping centers, office buildings, multi-family projects, hotels, medical facilities, warehouses and raw land for residential or commercial development) and other assets (including A/R, equipment, inventory and securities). He also represents clients in complex commercial credit facility structuring and modification, defaulted loan collections, foreclosures and workouts, business formation and governance (LLC’s, Series LLC’s, corporations and partnerships), corporate transactions, contract reviews and negotiations, and other business and legal-related matters.
As part of his practice, Aaron routinely represents financial institutions and other lenders in connection with the structuring, due diligence, negotiation and closings of commercial real estate transactions and commercial loans, including purchase money, refinance, development, construction, mezzanine and C&I loans, and advancing and revolving lines of credit (including asset-based).
Some recent examples of Aaron’s experience include the following:
- Representation of lender in establishment of several multi-million dollar credit facilities for development of master-planned communities in Brazoria, Williamson and Denton County, Texas.
- Representation of international commercial real estate investor in acquisitions of retail shopping centers located in Texas, Ohio and Illinois, and private placements of equity securities in connection therewith.
- Representation of commercial real estate investor in acquisition of five-story office building located in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of commercial real estate investor in acquisition of apartment complex in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of lender in multi-million-dollar refinance of hotel property in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of lender in refinance of 22-property residential real estate portfolio.
- Representation of Chapter 11 bankruptcy trustee in acquisition and disposition of real property and maritime assets in shipbuilding case.
- Representation of lender in establishment of multi-million dollar asset-based revolving line of credit in favor of international chemical supply company secured by corporate assets and trade credit insurance policy.
- Representation of lender in establishment of multi-million dollar asset-based revolving line of credit in favor of oilfield services company secured by accounts receivable.
- Representation of business owner in buyout of business partner’s equity interests in restaurant and food truck businesses, and subsequent formation of, and transfer of business interests into, Texas series LLC.
- Representation of business owner in the sale of a hair salon in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of business owner in the sale of a baseball training academy in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of various mortgage servicers, credit unions and other lien holders in collections and foreclosures of consumer and commercial debts.
- Juris Doctorate, cum laude, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Texas Southern University, 2013.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, The University of Texas at San Antonio, 2009.
State Bar of Texas 2013 – Present
- Article (co-author): Commercial Construction Lending: Risks Faced by Commercial Construction Lenders and Strategies to Avoid or Cure them; Texas Association of Bank Counsel, 40th Annual Convention, September 22-23, 2016, Austin, Texas.
- Article (co-author): Hot Topics in Finance; Texas Bankers Association, 41st Annual Legal Conference, May 7-8, 2015, Lost Pines, Texas.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Aaron enjoys playing (trying to play) golf, avidly supporting his favorite sports teams, listening to live music and traveling with his wife, Sam. He also enjoys keeping up-to-date with the securities and real estate markets.