Over twenty years, I have successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal trial courts throughout Texas, several Texas Courts of Appeal and the United States Court of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit. For the past fifteen years, my practice has been focused on litigation involving creditors’ rights, real estate transactions and title issues, corporate dissolutions, and construction disputes. Litigation is about winning and winning is a function of being aggressive, proactive, and prepared. Winning means achieving the best possible outcome for the client whether by application of legal force, seeking a solution that makes business sense, or both. My name is Damian Abreo. I solve problems.
Mr. Abreo is Senior Counsel whose practice is concentrated primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, mortgage banking, and creditors´ rights. He has extensive expertise in default servicing (bankruptcy, foreclosures, and evictions) and civil trial and appellate practice.
Managed bankruptcy actions for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae under the Designated Counsel and Retained Counsel Programs until termination of those programs and thereafter and currently represents those GSEs and their servicers.
- Primary trial counsel for several auto dealerships, oil field service companies, construction companies, and mortgage servicing entities.
- Defended lenders in actions filed by borrowers under state and federal statues and Texas common law in state and federal courts throughout Texas.
- Represented lenders as lienholders and claimants in federal criminal forfeiture actions.
Juris Doctor – University of Houston Bates Law Center, 1998
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology – Rice University, 1995
St. Thomas High School, Houston, Texas, 1991
Licensed, Texas, 1998
Licensed, United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern District of Texas – 1999
Licensed, United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts of Texas – 2007
Licensed, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit – 2016
Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Consumer Bankruptcy Law (2004-2014)
- State Bar of Texas, 1998-Present
- Houston Bar Association, 2007-Present
- Arthur L. Moller-David B. Foltz American Inn of Court, 2007-2009
- Houston Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, 2001-Present
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, 2014-Present
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star by Thomson Reuters 2009
- Secretary and Director, National Buffalo Soldiers Museum, 2012-2018
- Men’s A.C.T.S. team, St. Jerome Catholic Church, 2018-2020
- Member Knights of Columbus Council 4550, 2016-Present
- Board of Directors of the Emmaus Spirituality Center, Houston, Texas 2021