Simon joined Hughes Watters Askanase (HWA) in 2007 after serving a two-semester internship with the firm while attending law school. He now supports the firm's business bankruptcy team.
Simon was admitted to the State Bar of Texas and began practicing law in 2007.
Simon's client experience includes:
- Representation of trustees in Chapter 7 cases, which often entails the counseling
of clients on collection and recovery through filing preference payments or
fraudulent transfer claims.
- Participation as part of a legal team that represented a Chapter 7 debtor [Case No. 05-90083, In re Kilroy]. The case included the defense of six 11 U.S.C. § 523 actions and one 11 U.S.C. § 727 action.
- Participation as part of legal team that successfully defended against the recognition of a foreign bankruptcy proceeding under Chapter 15 [Case No. 06-37067, In re Ran].
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy, Trinity University, 1998
- Juris Doctorate, South Texas College of Law, 2007
AWARDS AND HONORS
Simon was selected to serve as articles editor for the South Texas Law Review for a one-year term from 2006 to 2007. This prestigious publication was first published in 1954.
Named a "Rising Star" by Texas Monthly magazine, 2012 and 2013
Simon is on the board of directors and is a founding member of the newly formed Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (HAYBL). HAYBL is an educational and charitable organization specializing in encouraging educational, mentoring, communications and networking opportunities for and with young bankruptcy attorneys in the Houston area through involvement with the bankruptcy bench, other members of the bankruptcy and restructuring community, and Texas law schools.